This is the San Juan Islands
Hello, and welcome to the San Juan Islands Washington, and my website about this beautiful place, the place I call home. I created this site as an online Island tour guide to accompany you through the Islands, show you how to get here, where to stay or camp, and where to eat. Once you're here, what's there to see? Explore the parks and beaches, visit some unusual museums and bookstores, and go boating or kayaking, hike the trails and paths all over the Islands, and, of course, see some Orca whales! You can visit Roche Harbor, a destination all its own, and learn about the gulf islands, and get a 'virtual' understanding of the beauty of our Northwest setting. Check them all out: San Juan Island, Orcas Island, Lopez Island, Shaw Island, as well as a few of the lesser-known islands in the archipelago.
Arriving by ferry into Friday Harbor.
But, wait a second... why does my opinion matter? This area is already well known, written about in all sorts of books and websites. What makes my advice and tips worth reading? It's simple: I live here. I am not a hotel, a company, or a corporation. I live, work, shop, and take walks here. What's more, I pay attention. With more than 40 years of Island experience and perspective, I have learned the ins and outs -- Washington state tourism, San Juan hotels, San Juan Islands Washington restaurants, some great Island shops and products, plus what to see and how to see it. All that, and many many details -- and, as they say, life is in the details.
What I like most is the solitude, something that's not always easy to find in this very busy world. The forests and San Juan Islands beach scenery is pretty great, too, along with so many other things, as you will soon discover.
American bald eagle,
San Juan Islands Washington.
Here is the nutshell version: explore hundreds of miles of beaches and forests, home to the Red Tailed hawk
and three Orca whale
pods. The town of Friday Harbor has awesome gift shops, a movie theatre, three museums
, three book stores
, a bowling alley, and neither "Fast Food" nor traffic lights. We do have stunning picnic spots
, walking and hiking trails
, breathtaking view points, a few dozen geocaching
locations, and a variety of scenic drives for sightseers. And Oh! you have got to see the night sky for yourself. The stars are brighter than belief!
So, have a look around, see what sparks your interest. I'll guide you through the beach scenery of the Islands, the local many Washington State Parks, hiking trails, and introduce you to the San Juan restaurants. Plus, I'll offer practical ideas and helpful advice that will help you create and enjoy a great Island visit or honeymoon. Come to the Islands, where you'll find a slower pace amidst the sometimes craziness of mainland life. If you want a break, this is one place to look.
San Juan Islands Washington.
How to get here? That's easy. Here are links to all the information you will need about the Washington State Ferry
, Kenmore Air
, and Amtrak train travel
Where to stay when you arrive? Simple! Browse the options at San Juan Hotels and Lodging or click here to compare hotel prices from more than 150 websites. Hotel price comparison websites can get you a great deal!
Browse the buttons along the left side of the page to find what you need. I've given lots of traveling tips and hints throughout the pages, along with tons of my own photos. I hope you'll enjoy your time at this site as well as being on the Island!
Point Your Friends Here or Link to this Page
Like what you see here? If you'd like to tell people about this page, copy the code below and paste it onto your site, blog, or forum. Copy this:
The results of posting the code above on your site should look like this:
|Check out the San Juan Islands Washington!|
Get a local's recommendations about the beaches, trails, restaurants, and hotels of the San Juan Islands Washington, and get the best tips on where to watch for whales!
Unless otherwise noted, photographs on this site are copyrighted by the owner and may be used only with permission.
- Orca Whale: The Southern Resident Orca Pods around San Juan Island
- Orca whale information and tips for whale watching around San Juan Island.
- Killer Whale Facts
- Killer whale facts and information on these amazing mammals, from Simply San Juan.
- Animal Facts
- Animal facts for the San Juan Islands Washington -- find out about what lives in and around the Islands!
- The American Goldfinch and more San juan Island Birds
- The American goldfinch, the Washington state bird, is commonly seen in the San Juan Islands. Get the scoop about the goldfinch, as well as a long list of other common San Juan Island birds.
- Facts about Flowers, Plants, and Trees of the San Juan Islands
- Facts about flowers, plants, and trees of the San Juan Islands -- check them out!
- A Tide Pool on San Juan Island
- Look at all the things you can see in a tide pool! Visit the San Juan Islands Washington and have some beach fun!
- Kayak Travel in the San Juan Islands Washington
- Kayak Travel in the San Juan Islands Washington: Tours, Guided Trips, and Rentals.
- Boating Recreation around San Juan Island
- Complete guide to Boating Recreation around the San Juan Islands -- A mariner's essential information.
- Washington Hiking Trails -- San Juan Island Trails and Pathways
- An overview of Washington hiking trails, focused on the best trails of San Juan Island -- whether you're after exercise, fitness, or fun -- San Juan Island's trails are the greatest!
- Fun Outdoor Games and Sports for the San Juan Islands Washington.
- Find out what fun outdoor games and sports you can do on San Juan Island -- cycling, hiking, fishing, skateboarding, golf, and disk golf, are some great outdoor things to do!
- Washington State Parks -- San Juan Islands Washington
- A tour of the Washington State Parks of the San Juan Islands Washington, the best places for for picnicking, playing, and relaxing!
- San Juan Islands Artwork
- The information source for San Juan Islands artwork, including medium and some biographical information.
- Farmer News
- Farmer news for the San Juan Islands Washington, a way to stay in touch with what's going on with Island farms.
- Organic Vegetable Garden
- Growing an organic vegetable garden in the San Juan Islands Washington, or anyhere, you'll need some tips!
- Beach Scenery: San Juan Islands Washington
- The beach scenery from the most beautiful, best beaches of San Juan Island. Come visit and put your feet in the sand!
- Scenery Pictures of the San Juan Islands Washington
- Scenery pictures from the San Juan Islands Washington -- don't miss these sights, amazing views, and stunning photos!
- Cool Facts about San Juan Island.
- These are some cool facts about the San Juan Islands Washington, fun things you might not know! Did you know that...
- San Juan Hotels and Lodging
- San Juan hotels and lodging choices: resorts, hotels, B&Bs, and cabins. Find something that fits you and your budget.
- Washington State Camping, San Juan Islands Camping
- Washington State camping in the San Juan Island: the best camping and campground information!
- Boat Camping
- Boat camping is a little-known gem in the Islands, campgrounds accessible only by human- or wind-powered boats. Beautiful places to check out!
- San Juan Islands Washington Restaurants
- San Juan Islands Washington restaurants -- the best places to eat in the San Juans!
- Coffee Reviews for the San Juan Islands Washington
- Coffee Reviews for the San Juan Islands Washington -- the creme de la creme!!
- San Juan Islands Washington
- The San Juan Islands Washington are an archipelago of about 450 islands, near the Northwestern U.S.-Canadian border. Find out about these amazing islands!
- San Juan Island Map and Information
- An interactive San Juan Island map, showing terrain and satellite images of this most beautiful and unique island in Northwest Washington state.
- The Unusual Museums on San Juan Island
- The unusual museums on San Juan Island offer fascinating information for Island residents and visitors alike. Check them out!
- FAQ about San Juan Island.
- FAQ about the San Juan Islands
- Unique Travel Gifts for the San Juan Islands Washington
- Unique travel gifts for the San Juan Islands Washington -- gifts, toys, and mementos from Simply San Juan.
- Used Bookstores (and new ones too!)
- Used bookstores on San Juan Island, great shops to find that special book at an affordable price.
- Real Estate San Juan Islands Washington
- Looking for real estate San Juan Islands Washington? Get the best, most current information here!
- San Juan News and Events Calendar
- San Juan News and Events Calendar for the San Juan Islands Washington and surrounding communities. Buy or sell, rent, or job hunt -- see what's happening on the Island today!
- Beach Wedding Ideas -- San Juan Islands Washington
- Beach wedding ideas for San Juan Island, Washington -- use these ideas and planning guides so you can create and enjoy your own Island Wedding!
- San Juan Islands Traveling Tips
- San Juan Islands Traveling Tips: what to expect from an average day on the Island.
- Washington State Tourism, Travel to the San Juan Islands
- Washington State tourism, travel to the San Juan Islands -- the ways and means of getting to the Islands.
- Travel Around the Great Northwest
- Travel information for other areas of the great northwest.
- Site Search
- Site Search -- Looking for something specific? Search for it here.
- Blog San Juan
- This is Blog San Juan, for everything about San Juan Island ~ sights, experiences, and what's going on! Stay up-to-date with changes or additions at simply-san-juan.com. Subscribe here!
- About Us
- About Us -- Who created simply-san-juan.com? Find out about us here!
- Contact Us
- Contact us at Simply San Juan with questions, comments, or suggestions.